[ASC-list] apply for postgraduate study in science communication at the Centre for Science Communication

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at otago.ac.nz
Wed Sep 11 21:50:42 UTC 2019

Kia ora koutou,

Want to study in New Zealand?  Applications are open for study in 2020 at the Centre for Science Communication at University of Otago, Dunedin. Australian students are considered domestic students with regard to visas and fees.

Closing date for applications is 31 October. Earlier applications are encouraged. Later applications may be considered. https://www.otago.ac.nz/study/enrolment/index.html#overview<https://www.otago.ac.nz/study/enrolment/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3-kG4aGi5WPEgbHZKP8Xkj7ZdUSS4sOEEQSXBHJlXbJFz4SyMrxVGdJDs#overview>

We are located in beautiful Dunedin on the South Island of New Zealand.
https://www.dunedinnz.com

To see what people in the Centre get up to, like and follow us here:
https://www.facebook.com/ScienceCommunication

About us:
Part of the University of Otago in Dunedin, a modern, bustling university city located on the south-easterly shores of the beautiful South Island of New Zealand, the Centre for Science Communication is one of the world’s largest postgraduate facilities for the teaching, research, and practice of communicating science to the general public.

The filmmaking course is run in association with Natural History New Zealand (one of the world’s largest producers of documentaries) and taught by award-winning filmmakers who are some of the best in the business.

Staff in the Science Writing and Science in Society streams have strong connections with the publishing industry and the GLAM sector. Films, exhibitions, books and other projects produced by our students have won many awards, including the industry's most prestigious.

At any one time, we have about 60 postgraduate students undertaking one of the following qualifications:

  *   PhD: a three-year, research-based degree focused on a specific, hypothesis-driven aspect of science communication.
  *   Master of Science Communication (MSciComm): a two-year, practice-based degree in one of three areas (filmmaking, writing, and science in society). Our MSciComm degree usually involves both a creative and academic thesis component but can be a more traditional 100% academic thesis.
  *   Postgraduate Diploma in Science Communication: a one-year intensive coursework qualification.
  *   Postgraduate Certificate in Science Communication: a one-semester coursework qualification.

If you have questions, please contact me.

Kind regards, Nancy
--
Professor Nancy Longnecker

Convenor, postgraduate coursework for Centre for Science Communication
Te Paepae Pūtaiao

Curator Dare to be Wise, University 150th Anniversary Exhibition at Otago Museum 31 May- 24 November 2019
[signature_403563435]
University of Otago
Owheo Building
133 Union St East, PO Box 56
Dunedin 9054
New Zealand

phone: 64 3 479 7885
email: nancy.longnecker at otago.ac.nz<file:///composeviewinternalloadurl/nancy.longnecker@otago.ac.nz>
twitter: @NancyLongnecker
skype: Nancy Longnecker (note changed format for new account)

www.longneckerlab.net<https://www.longneckerlab.net>