[ASC-list] ANXIETY, CULTURE AND THE FUTURE Conference - Sydney Oct 18-19

Lisa Bailey Lisa.Bailey at unisa.edu.au
Wed Sep 18 01:06:23 UTC 2019

Anxiety, Culture and The Future

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/anxiety-culture-and-the-future-tickets-62031064584

How can we imagine the future when we can't see it? Can arts and culture create the individual and collective resources to support future thinking - not as an abstract proposition but in ways that save and transform lives?

This two-day conference explores collaborative cultures that enmesh arts with science, clinical and other knowledges to create new ways to imagine the future

Friday 18 October 2019, 9am - 5pm Art Gallery of New South Wales

Saturday 19 October 2019, 9am - 5pm Powerhouse Museum

Speakers include

*             Claire Doherty, UK, founder of public art commissioning agency Situations

*             John O'Shea, UK, Interim Head of Programming (2018-19), Science Gallery London

*             Lisa Havilah, Australia, CEO of the Powerhouse Museum

*             Mehreen Faruqi, Australia, Greens Senator for NSW

Registrations at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/anxiety-culture-and-the-future-tickets-62031064584