[ASC-list] Banking our bush foods

Vanessa Fuchs Vanessa.Fuchs at bgcp.nsw.gov.au
Fri Sep 27 03:53:40 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I thought you might like to hear the latest Branch Out podcast episode: banking our bush foods.

It features Drew Roberts<https://business.facebook.com/pg/sharedknowledge.com.au/posts/>, an Arakwal Bundjalung man from the Northern Rivers who runs the popular Bush Food Experience across Sydney's Botanic Gardens and Parklands. Drew shares beautiful stories of growing up and some of the medicinal and culinary uses of two native plants: Aniseed Myrtle and Davidson Plum.

Unfortunately, these delicious bush foods are also endangered rainforest species. That's why scientists Graeme Errington<https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/science/our-science-staff/graeme-errington?viewmode=0> and Dr Karen Sommerville<https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/Science/Our-science-staff/Dr-Karen-Sommerville> are seedbanking these species to protect their future both on our forks and in the wild.

Web: https://bit.ly/2n9qmol
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2siSW6C
Android Podcast apps: http://bit.ly/2IXKZhI
Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2LvVJFJ

Hit subscribe on any podcast app if you like the show. Feel free to share the episode with your networks and get in touch if you have any questions.

Happy Friday!

Regards,

Vanessa.
Vanessa Fuchs