[ASC-list] Request to put a call for EOIs out

Susan Rowland s.rowland1 at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 27 00:14:18 UTC 2020

Dear ASC list moderator,

Would you be able to send out the call (below and attached) for chapters in our new book?

Thank you, Susan

Dear ASC Colleagues,

Please find attached our call for chapter proposals for a new peer-reviewed Springer Nature book:

Science + SciComm + Work: A Guide for Teaching Science Communication
​
Editors:
Professor Susan Rowland and Associate Professor Louise Kuchel (The University of Queensland) seek chapter idea submissions for Science + SciComm + Work: A Guide for Teaching Science Communication, to be published by Springer Nature in 2021.

Aim and scope of the book:
This peer-reviewed book is designed to change the way science students learn how to communicate. It will provide examples of active pedagogies that readers can use to teach important, specific aspects of communication. The book will guide meaningful, workplace-relevant teaching and learning of communication theory and practice within university science curricula. We envision that the book could be used by any teaching faculty member who wants to improve their science students’ and their own communication skills.

Chapters sought:
We currently seek expressions of interest for chapters that explain, in practical terms, how to teach communication in Science coursework. The goal is to produce a set of peer-reviewed “off the shelf” examples of impactful activities that faculty can use, or adapt, when they seek a way to help students learn a particular skill or develop their communication mindset.

Brief expressions of interest due: September 14, 2020
For more information, or to submit an EOI, click here.<https://www.susan-rowland.net/science-scicomm-work>

Thank you, Susan

Professor Susan Rowland
BSc(Hons) PhD GCEd(Higher Ed)  PFHEA
Deputy Associate Dean Academic (Future Students and Employability), Faculty of Science
Professor of Science Education, School of Chemistry and Molecular Bioscience
The University of Queensland
Brisbane Qld 4072 Australia

Faculty Office: Rm 505 Bld 6

T +61 7 344 32650 (Faculty Office)
E s.rowland1 at uq.edu.au
W uq.edu.au

CRICOS code: 00025B

UQ ALLY   ::  Supporting the diversity of sexuality, sex and gender at UQ. My pronouns are she/her.

[Image]