[ASC-list] JOB with NYSF - applications close tomorrow!
Lisa.Bailey at unisa.edu.au
Thu Dec 10 02:10:19 UTC 2020
Please see opportunity below for a Senior Communications Officer at NYSF.
Position Description: Senior Communications Officer
The National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) is a national not-for-profit charity that has operated for over 38 years. One of Australia's most well-known STEM outreach organisations, the NYSF inspires students to pursue a range of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) study and career options. More information regarding the activities of the NYSF is available at www.nysf.edu.au and across our social media channels.
We currently have 8 full-time and two part-time team members, and engage casual staff where required. The NYSF comprises of three teams: Programs, External Relations and Corporate Services. The NYSF team is led by CEO Dr Melanie Bagg and supported by a highly regarded Board.
About the position
We seek an experienced communications professional who has broad experience in both delivering and managing communications outcomes for an organisation. The role requires the ability to be hands on and to direct others to assist with a broad range of communications tasks.
Working in a small team, the Senior Communications Officer will report to the CEO and Manager, Partnerships & Alumni and will manage a small team of communications professionals (1-2 full-time/part-time staff plus volunteers and casuals from time to time).
* * Developing, implementing, and evaluating communications strategies for the NYSF across all platforms, with a particular emphasis on social media, mainstream media, our website and stakeholder communications.
* * Managing media engagement including developing media releases, statements, talking points and digital content (web articles and accompanying social media activity).
* * Liaising with the Australian STEM community, promoting their involvement in NYSF initiatives.
* * Other duties as directed.
* * A relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. communications, media, marketing)
* * A minimum of three years' experience in managing a broad and multi-platform communications portfolio.
* * Must have expertise across all main communications platforms. We particularly looking for experience in mainstream media liaison & producing releases, strong social media skills (Twitter, Linked-in, Facebook and Instagram) and digital publishing (EDM's, web articles and stakeholder communications) for organisations.
* * Ability to write for a variety of audiences and knowledge of the style adaption required for different communications platforms.
* * Comfortable with writing about all areas of STEM and about scientists. Aware of where to source key information for both and sensitivities.
* * Interest in and ability to monitor STEM sector news for opportunities and situational awareness.
* * A team worker who has experience in leading and managing a small team to achieve communication goals in a fast-paced environment plus can manage up to support and engage the NYSF CEO and NYSF Managers in communications, media and marketing activities.
* * Experience in liaising with key STEM stakeholders, sponsors and supporters to achieve communications outcomes and deliver key content.
* * Demonstrated experience in delivering long form, short form and social media content and ability to achieve desired audience reach using a range of tools and techniques.
* * Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail in proof checking and managing the content released by the NYSF.
* * Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities under tight project deadlines.
* * Willingness to work outside of standard hours of operation as required and travel interstate as needed for NYSF events-the successful candidate must be able to work full-time during December and January to assist with the delivery of the NYSF Year 12 Program.
* * A current Working with Vulnerable People registration, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position and a current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain).
* * Experience working in a STEM environment or STEM qualifications.
* * Experience working in a not-for-profit environment.
This position is a full-time 12-month contract position, with the possibility of extension. 3
How to Apply
Given the urgency to fill this role ahead of our flagship NYSF Year 12 Program in early January 2021, we are looking to fill this role immediately. Salary will be negotiated dependent on the experience and skills of the successful applicant.
Please submit an expression of Interest containing the following:
* o Cover email with key examples against the criteria (dot point is fine)
* o Curriculum Vitae
To apply, please submit an expression of interest containing the above to CEO at nysf.edu.au by COB 11 December 2020.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list