[ASC-list] Looking for expressions of interest for science communicator writers

Lisa Bailey Lisa.Bailey at unisa.edu.au
Mon Jan 6 05:18:37 UTC 2020

Forwarding on behalf of Jane Barrett - please direct all enquiries to her at jane.barrett at wildbear.tv<mailto:jane.barrett at wildbear.tv>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
My name is Jane, I work for an independent television production company called WildBear Entertainment based in Canberra, Sydney and Brisbane. We work primarily in the documentary field, working on content for broadcasters such as ABC, Channel 9 and Foxtel; and for  international audiences on channels such as Discovery Science, National Geographic and A&E.
I am reaching out to you to see if any members of Australian Science Communicators may be interested in some casual work, writing television scripts for some of our science & engineering programs. We would be very interested in talking to people with experience writing science or technology content in an interesting and engaging way - although we do not expect anyone to have experience writing scripts! We would be eager to see some of their previous writing and have a casual conversation about what we are looking for.
For further information:
Jane Barrett
Producer/Production Manager
WildBear Entertainment