[ASC-list] Job @ Central Highlands Science Centre Inc, Central Queensland

Tara Roberson tara.maree.roberson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 04:53:44 UTC 2020

Hi ASCers

There's an Operations Manager role being advertised at the Central
Highlands Science Centre Inc in Central Queensland. Details from their
Facebook post below.

Contact Bronwyn to request a position description: info at chscience.com.au

Thanks to Lee for sharing!

Best
Tara

--
Original Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/CentralHighlandsScienceCentre/posts/3111703698851270

Established in 1995, the Central Highland Science Centre’s vision is to
Inspire and engage curious minds in STEAM learning. We are the only
non-government funded, community-based, not-for-profit group of its kind in
Queensland. The Board of Management is a group of dedicated volunteers
passionate about creating science education opportunities for country kids
that are usually only available to children in the city. In a nutshell, our
organisation fosters a love of scientific learning and allows every child
to experience educational success in a fun, practical & exciting non-school
environment. CHSC is looking for a proven leader as we transition into our
new home in Emerald. Our mission is to Create a STEAM educational ecosystem
that fosters a hands-on and active interest in discovery and innovation. We
are looking for an energetic and adaptive professional who is excited by
the changes taking place in our organisation as we evolve into a
world-class museum.

Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide leadership and supervision to programs, visitor services, and
maintenance
- Manage the visitor experience and amenities
- Oversee exhibits, programming and outreach
- Actively administer fund development
- Head community relations

Qualifications & experience
- Solid knowledge of administrative, human resources and customer service
processes which will have been developed through post-secondary studies in
a relevant field and no less than 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with human resources including staff recruitment, supervision,
scheduling, delegation, and performance management
- Experience in program planning, delivery, and evaluation; customer
service; project management; public funding processes; non-profit financial
processes; budget preparation and management
- Proven leadership skills in a diverse and inclusive environment; a
commitment to the positive growth and development of children; the ability
to think strategically and translate goals into measurable operational
objectives.

Contact Bronwyn to request a position description:
info at chscience.com.au