[ASC-list] Canberra: Career & craft workshops and website - ideas or involvement?

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:51:17 UTC 2020

Hi ASCers
I am running some workshops and a website as part of a Career & Craft Hub
<http://www.canberrachangemakers.space/dickson> in Dickson, Canberra over
coming months. The goal is to ignite people's intrigue in the stories of
Canberrans and to open up their curiosity in exploring their own career
journeys and purpose.

More background on the project below.

** I'm looking for help/ideas in a few areas **

1.  Recommendations of people who might fit the bill as speakers who could
share their story - what they're doing and career? (Ideally they live
in/close to Dickson.)

2. Creating content eg. social media content / writing articles about the
speakers and their projects. Being able to use Canva would be beneficial.

3. Sharing your existing content / articles that you have written on topics
that might suit?? Check out the website and let me know :)

If you're interested, please send me an email (
claire at innovatecommunicate.com) and we can have a chat and go from there...

Thanks so much,
Claire

More background:
These workshops aim to feature interesting Canberrans who are contributing
positive change in some way eg. local community, equality, charity,
environmental action.

The project aims to inspire participants (particularly parents / those on
career breaks, people feeling lost) and facilitate networking, learning and
discussions about careers and how to progress opportunities. Bringing
people into Dickson is also a key focus and enabling them to meet local
business owners.

These will also be family focused events including for-purpose craft for
children, babysitting for the really little ones and associated activities
in the library.

  --

Claire Harris
Business founder & marketing-communication consultant | Cowork Coplay

W: innovatecommunicate.com <http://www.innovatecommunicate.com/> Helping
innovators achieve their impact and changemakers tell their stories
LinkedIn <https://au.linkedin.com/in/claireharrisoz>
Twitter: Claireharrisoz <https://twitter.com/claireharrisoz>
Canberra, Australia