[ASC-list] Institute for Water Futures events

Hannah Feldman feldman.hannah at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 05:56:54 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Some events hosted by the new Institute for Water Futures coming up that may be of interest to this network.

Find below seminar info, and please feel free to distribute widely.

Best regards,

Hannah

Event info:

First Nations knowledge and wisdom; opportunities for recognition and sharing through academia
1 December 12:30-1:30pm (AEDT, online)

In this conversation, leading First Nations academics and graduates will discuss the role of universities in recognising, celebrating and connecting with Indigenous knowledge and wisdom in all its forms. While the challenges are significant, the opportunities are great. How might we navigate these complex relationships together? In this session we invite panellists to present their vision for how the future of First Nations and universities together may become shared and mutually enriching. Speakers will be in conversation with our moderator, Professor Quentin Grafton, and will take questions from our online audience.

Full information: https://waterfutures.anu.edu.au/content/public-seminar-first-nations-knowledge-and-wisdom-opportunities-recognition-and-sharing <https://waterfutures.anu.edu.au/content/public-seminar-first-nations-knowledge-and-wisdom-opportunities-recognition-and-sharing>

Registration: https://anu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YDNOuHMgTZii09O8RJT10w <https://anu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YDNOuHMgTZii09O8RJT10w>

Imagining the science-policy interface in 2050
2 December 12:30-1:30pm (AEDT, online)

What will science and technology be like in 30 years? How might policy-making be different? When you bring the two together, will the interface between science and policy itself be different? In this forward-looking session, eminent water scientists and policy-makers will share their creative thinking about how science and technology may re-connect with policy. Considering social, cultural, environmental and economic values of water through the lens of the science-policy interface, speakers will offer their ideas on the changes that would need to happen soon, to realise the best possible outcomes for the future. Panellists include Professor Anthony Jakeman, Associate Professor Katherine Daniell, Dr Deborah Peterson, and Professor Paul Tregoning.

More information: https://waterfutures.anu.edu.au/content/public-seminar-imagining-science-policy-interface-2050 <https://waterfutures.anu.edu.au/content/public-seminar-imagining-science-policy-interface-2050>

Registration: https://anu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Bh9jv-NgRMe7yjdHvKORoA <https://anu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Bh9jv-NgRMe7yjdHvKORoA>

____

Hannah Feldman
Sessional academic / PhD researcher
Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VEMnCnx1jniOjNXET9_i33?domain=cpas.anu.edu.au/>
Australian National University
L1 Bld 42A, Linnaeus Way, Acton ACT 2601
p. +61 (0) 438 901 714

Communications Officer
The Institute for Water Futures (IWF) <https://fennerschool.anu.edu.au/research/affiliated-research-groups/institute-water-futures-iwf>
Australian National University
141 Linnaeus Way, Acton ACT 2601
e. waterfutures at anu.edu.au <mailto:waterfutures at anu.edu.au>

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to the Elders, past, present and emerging.