[ASC-list] Canberra events: Saturday 28 Nov (sustainability) and Friday 4 Dec (changing business and culture)

Claire Harris claire at innovatecommunicate.com
Thu Nov 26 06:56:30 UTC 2020

Hi all
Join others in the community for in-person events this Saturday and next
Friday!!

The Changemaker Career and Craft Hub <http://bit.ly/ChangemakerHubDickson> is
open from 10am to 12:30 in Dickson village. With a workshop 10:00am-11:00am
and the Craft and Catch-up zone drop-in and open from 10:00am-12:30pm.

These events are designed to bring people together to meet others, learn
from inspiring people, share ideas and have a good time.

Family friendly with activities for kids and adults. The for-purpose craft
activity is painting small 'Brave Bots' that will be given to sick children
in Calvary Hospital.

Remaining two events:

   - Sat 28 Nov: Sustainability, food, life (Book FREE tickets
   <https://innovatecommunicate.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fc247d71c577348fd1afa26af&id=4414a768c0&e=b7010ecb09>
   )
   - Fri 4 Dec: Changing: Business, culture, us (Book FREE tickets
   <https://innovatecommunicate.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fc247d71c577348fd1afa26af&id=9b5fc72aa6&e=b7010ecb09>
   )

Have you ever wondered how you could change the world (or your little piece
of it)? Visit Dickson Village during our pop-up morning workshops and talk
with inspirational locals and career coaches.

We’ll help you get inspired, curious and maybe a little bit motivated.
Could your next move be starting a business, changing your job or a
volunteer project…?

Relax and have fun in our Craft and Catch-up zone for kids and adults. Get
crafting ‘for-a-purpose’ or grab a coffee from a local business.

~~~~~~

Saturday 28 November workshop theme: *Sustainability, food, life*

Many of the problems we face seem huge! A changing climate, messed up food
supply chains, diminishing biodiversity. It’s natural to feel a bit lost
and to ask ‘does what I do really matter?’. In this workshop you’ll meet
gob-smackingly inspirational people who are fostering change and working
hard to make the wider-Dickson area (and the world) a better place. Come
along and ask your questions about anything… backyard sustainability, how
to reduce your waste and carbon footprint or what a better food choice
could be.

Be part of a discussion with:

   -
   - Emma Mason, Co-owner of Source Bulk Foods (Dickson) and Leadership
   Coach
   - Mark Howden, Director, Climate Change Institute at Australian National
   University
   - Nicola Lambert, Founder & Director at Create and Sow Community Art
   Interventions
   - Lyn Stephens, Founding Member of Women's Climate Congress

Booking link for workshop:
https://www.trybooking.com/events/landing?eid=663527
Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1532448590431667

~~~~~~

Friday 4 December workshop theme: *Changing: Business, culture, us*

Dickson is known for its diverse cuisine. But dig a little deeper and
you’ll see other facets of ‘doing things differently’. Come along to this
speed networking session and hear from an interesting mix of Dickson
business owners and locals creating positive change. They have been on
winding career/passion journeys and are adding their own particular flavour
to the area.

After you get to know them a little, you'll have a chance to chat to them
in small groups!
Be quick to ask what you want to before the bell rings and you move to the
next table.

What other businesses or community initiatives could be on the horizon?
What change do you want to be part of?

** MCed by Phil Dooley from https://philuponscience.com.au/ **

Booking link for workshop:
https://www.trybooking.com/events/landing?eid=662281
Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/272363610619740

Events supported by the ACT Government under the City Renewal Authority’s
Dickson Grants program. Presented as part of the annual DESIGN Canberra
festival (9-29 November 2020) which celebrates and promotes Canberra as a
global city of design. A Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre
initiative. Promotional support provided by: RiotACT and Libraries ACT.

Claire Harris
Business founder & marketing-communication consultant (Innovate
Communicate) | Cowork Coplay <http://www.coworkcoplay.space> founder |
Writer

In Canberra? Check out the up-coming Changemaker Career and Craft Hub
<https://www.innovatecommunicate.com/changemaker-hub-dickson/>, Dickson
(Nov-Dec)

W: innovatecommunicate.com <http://www.innovatecommunicate.com> Helping
scientists and innovators connect with their customers and clients to
achieve impact
LinkedIn <https://au.linkedin.com/in/claireharrisoz>
Twitter: Claireharrisoz <https://twitter.com/claireharrisoz>
Canberra, Australia