[ASC-list] Dots - what if Australia better connected research to purpose-driven business?

David Robertson david.robertson1 at monash.edu
Wed Oct 14 22:48:15 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

At ASC2020 (remember that?!), one of the student presenters, Luke Richards,
discussed his concept for a platform that could better connect researchers
with purpose-driven enterprises (such as social enterprises) to create more
impact and encourage communication. He's been working on it further and is
keen to get the thoughts of ASC-listers via his 5-10 minute survey - see
below.

If you've had experience with similar work and would like to get in touch
with Luke to share discuss the idea, let me know and I'll connect you:

***
The project is now named *Dots* <https://www.thedotshub.com/>*. **- Our
mission is to connect the dots between research, business and sustainable
impact.*

Dots exists to streamline the connection, communication and collaboration
between Australia's researchers and businesses. We are currently in the
proof of concept phase, using surveys to verify with researchers and
businesses the validity of the concept and gauging the
different services these future users will want to see on the platform.

The ultimate vision is for dots to be a web-platform designed for
interactive constructive collaboration with a supporting mobile app for
streamlined communication between researcher and business operator.

Please find relevant links below:

   - Dots website: www.thedotshub.com
   - Proof of Concept Survey: https://forms.gle/mrmsaA8fvJpx9sw26
   <https://forms.gle/mrmsaA8fvJpx9sw26>

***

Cheers
David

--

*DAVID ROBERTSON*

*Lecturer*

*Monash University*

Monash Sustainable Development Institute
<https://www.monash.edu/sustainable-development>
G08, 8 Scenic Boulevard
Clayton, Vic 3800
Australia

T:  +61 3 9902 0730 - please note I am working remotely regularly at the
moment
M: +61 (0)456 771 959 - for communication during working hours
E: david.robertson1 at monash.edu
monash.edu

CRICOS Provider: Monash University 00008C/01857J

We acknowledge and pay respects to the Elders and Traditional Owners of the
land on which our four Australian campuses stand. Information for
Indigenous Australians
<https://www.monash.edu/indigenous-australians>