[ASC-list] ASC WA Event: "TikTokFest" - A Short-form Science Video Workshop

Rockwell McGellin rockwell at mcgell.in
Tue Aug 24 06:30:14 UTC 2021

Hiya ASC List!

ASC WA and the UWA Science Communication Society have teamed up to bring you a cool event this weekend! We're calling it TikTokFest. It's a hands on, interactive workshop on shooting and editing short-form online science videos, as seen on TikTok, Reels, and other video sharing apps.

(Basically, we're going to watch some fun science TikToks on a big screen, send you out to the beautiful UWA grounds to make one of your own with some cool video toys, and then eat popcorn and watch everyone's incredible creations also on a big screen.)

It's this Saturday afternoon (28/8) from 1-4pm, on the University of Western Australia campus.

If that sounds like it might be your jam, head to https://www.trybooking.com/BTOYK to register. It's $20 for non-members and $5 for members (to cover snack costs) - enter "tiktokfestisthebest" at the checkout to claim your member discount.

Have a delightful Tuesday,

Rocky.
(ASC WA branch secretary 2021)