[ASC-list] Calling all writers!

Lynette Plenderleith lynette.plenderleith at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 23:35:27 UTC 2021

Remember The Wild is commissioning some ~1000 word pieces for National
Eucalypt Day, to be published in March.

Whether it's a story about connection with nature, science, art, culture,
history or otherwise, we want your pitches!

We are particularly interested in commissioning a piece about northern
Australia's amazing tropical eucalypts but we welcome all pitches.

Thanks to Eucalypt Australia, we are able to provide a small remuneration
for these pieces.

Please send a brief pitch along with an example of your previous writing
and we will be in touch. You can head to rememberthewild.org.au/stories to
get an idea of the narrative style we favour. Also see guidelines below for
articles to be published on rememberthewild.org.au

PLEASE NOTE

Pitches close: 11:59 PM February 7th

Articles to be published in mid to late March

Inquiries & pitches: publications at rememberthewild.org.au

CONTRIBUTOR GUIDELINES

As you may be aware, we are an apolitical organisation, so any publications
must also be as apolitical as possible.

We like to publish non-fiction stories with a strong narrative. For
example, instead of writing a purely factual piece about an Australian
animal or plant, we prefer an article to focus on a personal experience
with this species, or some kind of engaging story relevant to this
species. We also love to publish visual pieces, such as photographic
essays.

Following submission of your piece, our publications team will be
responsible for editing your work when appropriate. If any major changes
need to be made, you will be contacted prior to publication.

If possible, the inclusion of the following with your article is also
preferred:

-A short author bio (1-2 sentences). We can also add an author photo if you
are comfortable with this.

-Approximately 3-4 images relevant to your story. These must be either your
own or ones that we have permission to use. If you are unable to provide
images, then we will happily source some ourselves. Please make sure these
are landscape-oriented (horizontally aligned) images.

-The inclusion of links to relevant sources when needed (primarily when
quoting someone or referring to research).

We generally publish nonfiction narrative pieces or engaging factual
articles, but we are happy to consider fiction or poetry that shows a
strong connection to Australian eucalypts. If you would like to submit
fiction or poetry, please send through the completed work for consideration.