[ASC-list] Editor/designer for Australian Native Plant Society Canberra journal - volunteer role

Robyn Diamond robyn.diamond at science.org.au
Sun Jul 18 21:11:32 UTC 2021

Dear ASCers

For those interested in native plants, and/or wishing to develop or use your editing and layout skills, the Australian Native Plant Society Canberra Region is in need of a volunteer to take on the role of Editor for their highly respected quarterly printed colour publication. Botanical knowledge is not a prerequisite as articles are written by society members. The journal is produced using InDesign, subscription of which is provided by the society, but the new editor is free to use other software if preferred.

This is not a scientific journal; it is written for a broad audience.

I have done this role in the past and it was most enjoyable and rewarding, with lots of freedom to be creative. I even wrote some articles 😊 For more information on the role of Editor, please contact current editor Gail Ritchie Knight: whirlwind1 at argonite.com.au<mailto:whirlwind1 at argonite.com.au>. If you are interested, send an EOI to Christine Kendrick, the Canberra Region Secretary: secretary at nativeplantscbr.com.au<mailto:secretary at nativeplantscbr.com.au>. You do not need to be located in Canberra region.

Kind regards

Robyn Diamond