[ASC-list] Perth Scicom Conference: Communicate to Inspire - 24 July 2021

Cass Rowles cassandra.rowles at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 03:09:06 UTC 2021

Hi ASCers,

The annual ASC-WA Communicate to Inspire Conference will be back on Thursday,
24 June 2021.

Communicate to Inspire is open for anyone who communicates science to their
communities, including stakeholders, policy makers, the media and more.
This includes ASC members and non-members, so feel free to share amongst
your networks.

Our keynote speaker will be Dr Katie Attwell
<https://www.uwa.edu.au/schools/social-sciences/katie-attwell>, from UWA
Social Sciences. Dr Attwell is currently leading the CORONAVAX project
<https://www.uwa.edu.au/projects/vaxpol-lab/coronavax-project>, engaging
with the community and government to be ready for the vaccine rollout for
COVID-19.

The conference will focus on practical skills-based workshops and the
latest research in the discipline. We will split into two strands of
workshops running concurrently, with snacks & lunch provided, finishing up
with a sundowner.

Registration: www.trybooking.com/764356
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/902747590278656/

Back by popular demand, we will also be offering livestreaming tickets for
those who cannot attend the conference in person, or in Perth, so please
share amongst your regional and remote WA scicom networks.

Looking forward to having you join us (either in-person or virtually)!

Cheers,
The ASC-WA Committee