[ASC-list] Employment opportunities at Scienceworks - applications close shortly!
KBarnard at museum.vic.gov.au
Thu May 13 07:48:31 UTC 2021
Hello ASC folks,
Forwarding you two employment opportunities at Scienceworks to share with your networks. We are looking for a Learning Facilitator to join the Programs team, and multiple casual positions in the Visitor Engagement team.
* Learning Facilitator<https://careers.vic.gov.au/job/learning-facilitator-scienceworks-museum-538195> - 0.13FTE minimum hours i.e. minimum 10 hours/fortnight, but rostered hours are usually much higher than that. We are looking for people who can provide 2-3 days/week availability (or more is even better!). Shifts are on-site at Scienceworks, usually between 10am and 3pm, with some evening shifts.
Applications close midnight on Sunday 23 May
Apply through the Careers Vic website<https://careers.vic.gov.au/job/learning-facilitator-scienceworks-museum-538195>
* Visitor Engagement Officer - 15 casual positions available. See email below for details.
Applications close this coming Monday 17 May
Apply via this website<https://museum.help/veo>.
Position descriptions are available via the above links.
Please share with your networks!
Science Programs Manager
GPO Box 666 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
+61 3 9392 4830
kbarnard at museum.vic.gov.au<mailto:kbarnard at museum.vic.gov.au>
From: Internal Applications <internalapplications at museum.vic.gov.au>
Sent: 10 May 2021 16:48
To: "All MV Staff" <allmuseum2 at museum.vic.gov.au>
Subject: Exciting New Opportunity Within the Visitor Engagement Team [MV Employment Opportunity]
In preparation for the upcoming Winter School Holidays and the opening of Treasures of the Natural World<https://museumsvictoria.com.au/melbournemuseum/whats-on/treasures-of-the-natural-world/?utm_source=Google%20Ad%20Word&utm_medium=Digital&utm_campaign=Treasures%20of%20the%20Natural%20World&utm_content=Google%20Ad%20Word%20Phase%202> exhibition, we are seeking the support of MV staff, MV Volunteers and your family and friends to assist us during this busy period ahead at both Scienceworks and the Melbourne Museum.
If you, or someone you know, loves engaging with people and is looking for some short-term Casual work, the Visitor Engagement Officer role could be the perfect match!
To assist us with filling this vacancy, we encourage you to refer your family and friends to us by on-forwarding this email and application link: https://museum.help/veo
DETAILS OF POSITION
The primary responsibility of the Visitor Engagement Officer is to welcome and orientate visitors, provide duty of care and memorable experiences to visitors, process tickets and help usher education, special interest and tourism groups.
See below additional detail of the role, including start date, classification and pay rate:
* START DATE: ASAP
* POSITION TYPE: Casual
* NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 15
* PAY RATE: $33.09 per hour (inclusive of Casual loading)
* WORK LOCATION: We are seeking applicants who have availability to work at either Scienceworks (Spotswood) or the Melbourne Museum (Carlton),
* DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: See Role Statement available on this website<https://museum.help/veo>.
In addition to the above, the successful applicant will:
* have demonstrated an ability to engage with people, be competent with point of sale equipment and be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
* agree to successfully obtain a Working with Children Check.
* agree to successfully obtain a Police Check.
For more information about the duties and responsibilities, please see the attached Role Statement.
HOW TO APPLY
This exciting opportunity is open to all MV staff, MV Volunteers and your family and friends and the instructions for how to apply can be found below:
* MV STAFF: Please visit the Museums Victoria Internal Jobs Board by following this URL: http://musenet/topic.aspx?id=344
* MV VOLUNTEERS: To apply for this position, please visit this URL: https://museum.help/veo
* EXTERNAL APPLICANTS (Family / Friends): If you know of anyone who might be interested in applying for this role, we encourage you to refer them onto us and to apply to become a Visitor Engagement Officer. To refer your family and friends, please refer them to this link - https://museum.help/veo
In order to apply for these positions, all applicants will be required to (1) complete a pre-application questionnaire and (2) submit their Resume. Short listed applicants will be invited to undertake an interview onsite at either Scienceworks (Spotswood) or the Melbourne Museum (Carlton). Applications close on Monday 17 May 2021.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please feel free to contact People & Culture via email at PeopleandCultureComms at museum.vic.gov.au<mailto:PeopleandCultureComms at museum.vic.gov.au>
People & Culture
GPO Box 666 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
+61 3 8341 7271
+61 466 314 685
Museums Victoria acknowledges the Woi Wurrung (Wurundjeri) and Boon Wurrung peoples of the Kulin Nations where we work, and First Peoples language groups and communities across Victoria and Australia.
Our organisation, in partnership with the First Peoples of Victoria, is working to place First Peoples living cultures and histories at the core of our practice.
This e-mail is solely for the named addressee and may be confidential. You should only read, disclose, transmit, copy, distribute, act in reliance on or commercialise the contents if you are authorised to do so. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify postmaster at museum.vic.gov.au by email immediately, or notify the sender and then destroy any copy of this message. Views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender, except where specifically stated to be those of an officer of Museums Victoria. Museums Victoria does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free from errors, virus or interference.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list