[ASC-list] Let's Torque Student Competition is now open

Lynette Plenderleith lynette.plenderleith at gmail.com
Fri May 21 03:04:37 UTC 2021

The Let's Torque Public Speaking Competition is now open!!

Hi ASC!

Looking for an effective way of boosting your networks, increasing
your communication skills, and meeting like-minded students from other
universities? Want an unrivalled chance at presenting at the Royal Society
of Victoria in front of Science Communication employers and superstars?

Welcome to Let's Torque, a SciComm organisation for undergraduates, where
you can participate in trivia events against other universities, attend
state-of-the-art immersive workshops, and see SciComm like never before!
Check out our newly opened Public Speaking competition (where you can
compete for prize money and other winnings!), which has kickstarted the
careers of many past competitors. We hope to see and torque to you soon ;)

Registrations/Talking Point Submissions close on June 30th, so get in
quick! Check out our website for key dates and apply.The registration link
is here.

***Do you have ASC membership? Send us a private message for a 25% discount
code for entry submission***

Feel free to contact us at hello at letstorque.org or @letstorqueSTEM on FB
and Instagram.

________________________________
𝕊𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕊𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤 𝕃𝕠𝕦𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

Workshop #2 Let's TorqueEast Melbourne Library Meeting Room (122 George St
East Melbourne VIC 3002) Tuesday June 1st - 7pm-9pm AESTAND a repeat
workshop on Wednesday June 2nd - 7pm-9pm AEST

To be a great speaker, an orator that's proud, One needs to focus on more
than your speech; There are vital aspects beyond being loud,So join us,
we're here to teach!

In our ever-changing world, strong science communication has never been
more important.

In Let's Torque's second workshop of 2021, meet us and our brilliant
guest 𝕊𝕔𝕚ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣 Michael Wheeler (from ACU & the
University of Melbourne) at the East Melbourne Library to discover
the vital non-verbal aspects of SciComm; Design
Principles, Stance, Gesture and more!
Come join us on 𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟙𝕤𝕥 𝕠𝕣 𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟚𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕥 𝟟𝕡𝕞 to help
round out your presenting skills in new and accessible physical and visual
aspects!  In this workshop, we will show you how learning visual design
principles and aspects of giving a physically powerful presence will
elevate your speech. Here are our FB events for the two workshop
evening repeats you could book.

Bookings for the event are $5 to cover costs, and you can find our booking
system here! We look forward to seeing your marvellous molecules there :)