[ASC-list] PCST Public Officer wanted. Must be resident in ACT

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Fri May 21 09:56:06 UTC 2021

Hi ASC-ers

The international Network for the Public Communication of Science and Technology is looking for an ACT resident willing to serve as Public Officer.

We need this person because the PCST Network is incorporated, and because we’re incorporated in the ACT, the Public Officer must be a resident here.

Essentially the Registrar-General uses the PO as a contact person of last resort, an address for official notices if the usual channels fail, for instance if the PCST secretary fails to lodge our annual return.

Our current PO is Dr Suzette Searle, and we are grateful for her service as the inaugural Public Officer for PCST.  Suzette is stepping down: we need a replacement.

Let me know if you are interested.

(But note that some people are not eligible:

These include any person who:
has been convicted of offences in the promotion, formation or management of a body corporate;

has been convicted of offences involving fraud or dishonesty punishable by imprisonment of three months or more; or

is insolvent under administration within the meaning of the Corporations Act.)

Regards

Toss Gascoigne

************
Toss Gascoigne and Associates
56 Vasey Cres
CAMPBELL ACT 2612

Visiting Fellow
Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
The Australian National University

P. 02 6249 7400
M. 0408 704 442
E. director at tossgascoigne.com.au