[ASC-list] ACT supported memberships application close Friday

Tom Carruthers tom.carruthers at science.org.au
Wed Nov 10 11:57:08 UTC 2021

Dear all ASC members and friends,

ASC Canberra's COVID-19 response is aimed at supporting and growing our community of science communicators. We want to help people who want to be members of our organisation, as many look towards rebuilding in 2022 following the disruption of the 2020-21 pandemic.

To do this, ASC Canberra would like to offer six people financial support to join or continue their membership with the Australian Science Communicators for the 2022 calendar year, funded by the ACT Branch of ASC. These supported memberships will fall into three categories:
- students who will be studying in the ACT SciComm field during 2022
- recent SciComm graduates who will be beginning their career journeys in the ACT during 2022, who graduated during 2020 or 2021
- established practitioners in the ACT SciComm field, who may have experienced income drops during 2020-21

Please recommend this opportunity to someone in your network who may have found the cost of membership a barrier this year. Applications close Friday.

Find out more and apply here: https://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2021/10/21/act-covid-supported-memberships-2022/

I wish you well and hope to see you at the symposium next week,
Tom